Whose ready for the an exciting second edition of the New Worlds Map Contest? This time, anything goes! We encourage experimental and/or island maps this time, be creative! Have an idea for a standard maps with a twist? Let's see it! We are looking for unique maps that are also comfortable to play on.
Be sure to read the extended guidelines in the TL post if you plan on submitting.
Public voting will determine this contest!
Submission Criteria: If you are new to map making, please read the extended guidelines by Freakling: + Show Spoiler +
- This contest is open for standard, island, experimental, or hybrid maps.
- This contest is open for 2 and 3 player maps ONLY.
- This contest is open to all map tilesets, except installation.
- This contest is open to your older maps, but make sure they are up to date with today's meta.
- This contest is open to maps that work in a normal 1v1 Melee game, no Use Map Settings.
- There is no limitation as to how standard the map needs to be, but make sure the map is comfortable and fairly easy to learn.
- First submission should be playable with functional components of the map (functional terrain* and resource pathing) in place, no abusable unfinished terrain (like drop holes), and no mining issues for the most significant bases (mains and naturals).
*Functional terrain includes unwalkable and unbuildable areas, ramps, bridges, choke points, vision blocking or cover providing terrain and generally anything that requires specific tile flags etc.
Have questions about your map or the editor?
Join our Discord!
- Maps must be submitted by January 2nd @ 16:00 CEST // 23:00 KOR.
- This contest is open to all applicants.
- You may only submit your own work or collaboration.
- You may submit as many maps as you like, but every map should be in a playable state with some decoration.
- This contest is not open to maps that have been used in official korean or foreign leagues prior to this contest.
- Final versions (top 4) should be de-bugged to the best of your ability for play test tournaments.
Full Information: https://tl.net/forum/bw-tournaments/578527-new-worlds-map-contest-2nd-edition
The original plan was to break down our submissions into 8 maps for this phase, but since there was an unforeseen amount of submissions we have chosen 12 maps to move into this round, giving opportunity to multiple new comers to really shine with their efforts.
Bridging the Gap 0.81
by Freakling & StyleZerg
GOOD NIGHT 1.2
By JungleTerrain & Minerals
By StyleZerg & Freakling
By Freakling & CrystalDrag
What will happen now?
1) We present to you the top 12 maps of the contest.
2) We ask for your feedback on these maps on how you think each one can be adjusted appropriately, from a players or observers perspective. To be clear, we are not asking for your votes, YET!
3) Map makers are given two weeks to complete and polish their maps to further completion. All submissions must be posted in this thread by May 11, 20:00 CET.
4) We will launch a public vote on TL to decided our final four maps in a future post in ~2 weeks.
5) The final four maps will be featured in four exciting map test tournaments, each focusing on one map, involving top foreign progamers exclusively casted by us Team Think Quick & pe RemastrTV.
6) Public voting on TL will select the winner of the final four maps in a public poll.
7) Top voted map created by a "new map maker" will be awarded 20% of our Map Makers prize pool.